Concussion Management in Albury Wodonga
Our Sports & Spinal Albury Wodonga Osteopaths have undergone extensive training in concussion management, allowing them to implement strategies to ensure a full and safe recovery.
Our team have the ability to:
- Perform a complete battery of baseline testing (pre-concussion screening)
- Carry out a full and comprehensive concussion assessment
- Implement safe and effective treatment strategies to aid in a safe return to work/learning/sport
- Talk with local clubs and organisations about concussions
Our Osteopaths will work with your family, school, workplace, doctor and coaches to implement a gradual, progressive return to work/learning and return to play. Research has proven that working together as a team, under expert guidance, is the best way to achieve a more complete recovery.
For the best outcomes, concussion treatment needs a multifaceted approach. Some of the strategies we employ to achieve this are:
- Exertional testing to assess return to play readiness.
- Sub-symptom threshold exercise programs for persistent symptoms.
- Assessment and treatment of the neck (cervical spine), metabolic issues, vestibular and oculomotor impairments.
- Balance, reaction time, visual processing and neurocognitive testing.
- Educational resources, including a handy app, to help you understand what is going on and why.
We can work with sporting teams to complete comprehensive baseline testing to ensure that, if a concussion occurs throughout the season, we can ensure the safest and quickest recovery. But never fear, if you have not completed baseline testing our team is still very well-equipped to be able to assess and treat your concussion using normative data from the research.
We often present to clubs and organisations on concussions and the appropriate management of them, from simply understanding what a concussion is and why it happens to diagnosis and immediate management of concussion, ensuring you get back to normal as soon as possible.
And finally, as a proud member of the Complete Concussion Management Program, we are a part of the largest network of clinics around the globe offering evidence-based concussion care. This allows for any testing or assessments performed at our clinic to be easily accessed by any other CCMI certified clinic, allowing for continuity of care wherever you are in the world.