Sick of Pain & Tension in your Neck & Back?
Did you know that back pain is the second most common complaint people consult their GP for?
It is also the most common presenting condition at Sports & Spinal Albury – we have been finding solutions for years.
It is estimated that at least 80% of us will experience an episode of back pain at some point in our lifetime and 50% of us will have recurring back problems. Back pain is by far the most significant work related injury, costing the Australian economy an estimated $9 billion annually and accounting for 40% of forced retirements in those aged between 45 and 64.
Warning signs of back pain
Any feeling of stiffness or soreness in your back, particularly if it is associated with pain, should be considered a warning sign that something more sinister may be happening. A consult with our experts now may save you a lot of pain, time and money getting the problem fixed when an acute exacerbation occurs. Remember you only have one back.
Why choose an Osteopath?
Osteopaths are highly trained primary health care practitioners, having completed a minimum of 5 years study at university including post graduate study.
How can Osteopathy help?
Numerous studies have shown that osteopathic treatment reduces back pain, increases mobility and speeds up the recovery process.
Using a wide range of hands-on techniques, our Osteopaths can:
- Enhance joint mobility,
- Decrease muscle tension/spasm,
- Reduce inflammation and nerve irritation,
- Improve blood supply and drainage to and from the spine and pelvis.
We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible. Our aim is to get you better, faster. We:
- Possess exceptional Osteopaths that are expertly trained to assess, diagnose and aid in the treatment of back injuries.
- Have long consultation times to allow us to spend time with you explaining what your problem is, what you can do to help and how together we can find a solution.
- Offer expert advice on posture, ergonomics, exercises and stretching to aid in prevention of future episodes of back pain.
- Can communicate treatment and management with your general practitioner when required.
- Are able to refer you for radiological assessment when required, including x-ray, ultrasound, CT or MRI scans.
- Have an extensive network of health care professionals that we refer to if we believe they are a better option.
What to expect in your consult?
Your initial consultation will involve a comprehensive assessment where we ascertain your relevant past history, including previous injuries and medical history, followed by a physical exam to determine not only the diagnosis but also find the root cause of your problem. This will be discussed with you and a treatment plan will be formulated to accommodate your needs.
The treatment itself will vary from individual to individual, but will often include a combination of hands on therapies, dry needling, taping, advice, exercise prescription as well as other options.
Osteopaths are covered by most Private Health insurance schemes. To be sure you are covered please consult your insurance policy. We have HICAPs facilities available for those with Private Health so you can automatically claim your treatment and only have to pay the gap.
No referral is necessary to come to our clinic.
Osteopaths like to be thorough and hence our consults tend to take half an hour on average.
It is advised that you arrive between 5 and 10 minutes prior to your initial consult as you are required to fill out a new patient and informed consent forms before treatment can commence.